Families in Daytona who cannot decide between theme park and waterpark should visit the Daytona Lagoon near the boardwalk. Here, attractions like water slides, go-karts, laser tag and minigolf will keep little adventurers busy for hours.
ATTRACTIONS AT DAYTONA LAGOON
Of course, little tadpoles will want to head for the Lagoon´s waterpark. Here, 5 exciting slides await you, each with their unique features:
- Blackbeard´s Revenge: On this fast-paced slide full of turns, up to 3 people race down on inflatable boats.
- Poseidon´s Pass: This one-person slide will send you twisting and turning through partially enclosed pipes.
- Kraken´s Revenge: Rush towards the water head-first on your colorful mat racer.
- Adventure Mountain: The park´s tallest slide features 2 enclosed pipes that will send you down almost vertically.
- Shaka Half Pipe: Ride your inflatable boat straight up, then backwards again – just like in a skateboarding halfpipe.
If you want to relax, just float around on the lazy river Pelican´s Drift. In addition to thrilling rides, the park offers many attractions for little guests: Children can splash around on the water playground Castaway with its 4 miniature slides, water pistols and jungle gym. The giant refillable bucket with 1000 gallons of water provides a refreshing shower every 2 minutes. Old and young visitors will love the ups and downs in the wave pool Treasure Lagoon.
FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
The Daytona Lagoon is not merely a waterpark. The fun continues at the Mega Arcade with more than 70 exciting games for all ages. Do you like fast-paced duels in the dark? Then the laser tag is perfect for you. For some vertical fun, try the Sky Maze parcours or the Rock Wall. No theme park in the “Motorsports Capital” would be complete without go-karts. Even the youngest racing fans can join the ride while their parents are driving. The free-fall tower Island Hopper will drop you down 23 feet, so be prepared to scream. And if you are looking for some laid-back fun, you should try out the minigolf course.
TICKETS AND SPECIAL OFFERS AT THE DAYTONA LAGOON
Guests at the Daytona Lagoon can choose between different tickets. Visiting the waterpark costs 31 USD for adults. Children between 32″ and 48″ and seniors aged 62+ pay 22 USD. Children under 32″ visit the waterpark for free.
At the Family Entertainment Center, the choice is yours: If you want, you can pay separately for every attraction. A game of laser tag, for instance, costs 8 USD. Or you buy a wristband that allows you to play all games for a limited time. Wristbands are priced between 24–29 USD. You can also purchase one day passes: These cost 40 USD for the Family Entertainment Center and 53 USD for both parks – all attractions included.
In addition, the following discount tickets are available:
- Matinee Admission: 17 USD for tickets to the waterpark after 3 pm, except on Wednesdays
- Pooldaze: limited selection of waterpark attractions for 16.50 USD. Different opening hours apply, depending on the season.
- Family Night Wednesdays: 15 USD for entrance to the waterpark on Wednesdays, starting at 4 pm.
As is the norm in Florida, you can save a lot of money with coupons. For discounts and special offers, check out websites like groupon.com, dealscove.com or offers.com.
EVENTS AT DAYTONA LAGOON
Every Friday from 5 pm, the Gokart Night attracts racing fans with discount prices. If you like pizza, you should also visit the park for the Food and Fun Special on Friday: Then, you will get pizza, soft drinks and a 10 USD arcade voucher for 20 USD. A similar offer is the Dine and Play Special that includes hot meals for only 14 USD. At the Daytona Lagoon, New Year´s Eve is celebrated with balloons, fun games, a DJ and discount tickets.
In addition, you can also host your own event at the Daytona Lagoon. The park is perfect for birthday parties, complete with designated party area, pizza, soft drinks, gift bags for the guests and vouchers for the birthday child.
DIRECTIONS TO DAYTONA LAGOON
The Daytona Lagoon is situated in close proximity to Daytona Beach and can be reached in 15–20 minutes from almost every part of the city.